Beef with Cabbage Noodles
An Italian dish that will keep the family happy!
- 1 kg Beef mince
- 600 g Marinara Sauce
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic Infused
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Spices
- 1/2 tsp Basil, Dried
- 1 tbsp Basil, Chopped
- 6 cup Cabbage, Chopped
- Heat oil in a large pan or pot over medium heat. Once hot, add the ground beef, breaking it up with a spatula or spoon.
- While the beef is cooking, slice a head of green cabbage. Cut the bottom of the cabbage off, then slice the head in half vertically. Cut each half in half again, then cut out the core. Thinly slice each quarter until you have thin shreds that look like noodles.
- Add the salt, Italian seasoning and basil to the meat. Once it is about halfway to being fully cooked, add in the jar of marina sauce. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add the shredded cabbage to the beef and toss with a pair of tongs. Once the cabbage is somewhat coated in the tomato and beef mixture, reduce the heat to medium-low and mostly cover the pan with a lid, just leaving a small crack for heat to escape and reduce. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 7-10 minutes, or until the cabbage softens.
- Remove the lid from the pan and allow to cook for a few more minutes to evaporate any liquid that was released from the cabbage. Top with chopped basil and serve!
FODMAP – Friendly (depending on the sauce: No onion or garlic) KETO – Friendly DAIRY-FREE – Friendly GLUTEN-FREE – Friendly (depending on the sauce) NUT-FREE – Friendly