Homemade pastry dough for keto and FODMAP diets that can be used for any recipe that uses pastry!
Easy Homemade Pastry Dough
Keto and FODMAP friendly pastry to use in any dish!
- 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella, Shredded
- 2/3 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Cream Cheese, Full Fat
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder, salt, and oregano together in a bowl. Make sure any lumps are broken up and set it aside
- Combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat the cheeses for 30-40 seconds and mix together. Heat for two more rounds at 20 seconds each, stirring the cheese between each one. They should combine into a consistent, gooey mixture.
- Mix the egg into the cheese mixture vigorously. The mixture will separate first and then come together.
- Finally, stir the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients. The final dough will be sticky and pasty. Spoon the dough into plastic wrap, and use the spoon to flatten the dough into a disk for quick setting. Give the top of a dough a light sprinkle of almond flour before wrapping and putting it in the fridge.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes before using. You may freeze the dough for about 10 minutes before using to make it even easier to handle.
*This is based on the dough being used as a pizza base. *The pictures show the dough with 1/2 tsp of dried oregano. FODMAP – Friendly KETO – Friendly DAIRY-FREE – Use dairy free cream cheese and dairy free shredded cheese (any shredded cheese type) GLUTEN-FREE – use gluten free flour