A great treat for any sweet tooth! This edible cookie dough is safe to eat and can still be cooked into cookies!
Edible Cookie Dough
A delicious treat for those days you just want to be naughty!
- Electric Mixer
- ¾ cup Butter Unsalted, room temperature
- 1 cup Brown Sugar Light
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract Pure
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups Flour All-purpose, toasted
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips Dark
- Add your butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt to a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low until all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined
- Increase speed a high-medium and continue to beat until its pale and fluffy (up to 3 minutes)
- Lower the speed and slowly add the flour. Continue to mix the dough until the flour is fully combined. Then add the milk and increase speed to a medium, Beating until it resembles cookie dough (up to about 30 seconds)
- Fold through the chocolate chips using a wooden spoon and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight
IMPORTANT! Toast the flour! To do this, place flour spread out on a lined shallow tray and bake in 180 degree oven for 10 minutes. DAIRY-FREE – Use soy or almond milk in place of normal milk and choose a dairy free butter or spread in place of normal butter. GLUTEN-FREE – Replace the normal flour with gluten-free flour. FODMAP – This recipe is already fodmap friendly VEGAN – Follow the dairy-free option KETO – Use almond meal instead of flour and a sweetener instead of sugar