Being on the fodmap diet and missing some favorite meals I wondered, Can chicken pad thai be modified?
After a bit of research, it was found that it could be modified in many ways. Therefore I decided to share what I found with you!
Chicken Pad Thai Origins
Pad Thai is a defining dish from Thailand made in the 1930s. During world war II when the rice shortage was apparent, there was a shortage of rice. Rice noodles were promoted instead of rice. As a result, the prime minister at the time made pad thai from chinese rice noodles to galvanize nationalism.
As a result, the dish is widely known today as a delicious and universal dish in Thai cuisine. With its popularity, more and more people began cooking it with different ingredients, creating a world of Pad Thai.
Similarly, the entire recipe is based on rice noodles with lots of vegetables and a bit of meat. Rice noodles are very cheap and easy to come by in any supermarket. Use any meat preferred in your pad thai. Vegetables are whatever you want. Try tossing in some beans, carrot, or broccoli. In other words, think of it as a noodle stirfry.
Storage in the fridge for up to 7 days. Similarly, also in the freezer for up to 3 months. As a result, this can be made in advance. Set aside some time to cook a bulk amount and separate into sealed containers ready to heat up on a whim!
Serving Suggestions for chicken pad thai
Bean sprouts and peanuts traditionally garnish the dish. However, try adding a fried egg, or squeeze fresh lime over the top. A dish like this gorgeous pomegranate orange salsa from Fun Without Fodmaps goes great on the side with a nice glass of fresh mint lemonade from A Little Bit Yummy.
Chicken Pad Thai
- Measuring Utensils
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter Melted slightly
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs Whisked
- 1 Chilli Seeded and Finely Chopped
- 2 Zucchini Spiralised
- 1 Carrot Spiralised
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup Pure
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 250 g Rice Noodles
- 2 Chicken Breast Cubed
- 2 tsp Ginger Minced
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves dried
- In a jug combine soy sauce, maple syrup, lime juice, peanut butter and fish sauce
- Prepare rice noodles as per packet instructions
- In a wok add half oil and chicken, once sealed add eggs coating the chicken (we don't want scrambled eggs), remove and set aside
- Heat remaining oil, add ginger and chilli cooking until fragrant, add spiralised vegetables, chicken and rice noodles stirring to combine
- Pour sauce mixture over the mix, stirring through the coriander
- Serve hot
Like what you see?
Make sure to subscribe to become a VIP for more exclusive content!